Sunday, March 1, 2015

The Importance Of Labeling

Chili powder is one of my favorite ingredients. I do not like spicy food but for some reason, I have the need to add chili powder to almost everything that I cook.

The other night I finished off the last of my chili powder and decided to use the empty container to store my taco seasoning in. Unfortunately I forgot to relabel the container and ended up sprinkling a generous amount of taco seasoning onto my potatoes this morning.

As I have mentioned in the past, mornings are generally a rough time for me. It takes some time for my brain to wake up causing even the simplest of tasks, to be an uphill battle.

This morning was no different than any other. As soon as a realized my mistake, I began to panic. Despite the early hour, I was fairly certain that taco seasoning had no place being in my breakfast. I spent a goodly amount of time staring at the pan and wondering what I was supposed to do.

Sadly, the potatoes in the pan were the only ones that I had in the apartment and I was pretty set on having potatoes with my breakfast. I cautiously tasted the potatoes and determined that they weren't awful.

Hallelujah, Breakfast could still be saved!

I like both tacos and potatoes. Obviously adding taco-like ingredients to the potatoes could only make them better, right?

Wrong.

At this point there was really no going back and I was hungry. Committed to my cause, I wrapped my mess up in a tortilla and ate it anyways.

It was not delicious.

I'd rate it a solid 6/10, would probably not eat again.

No comments:

Post a Comment