Saturday, April 12, 2014

Worlds Biggest Matzah

This past week I did everything in my power to avoid the dreaded pesach cleaning. I was doing pretty well until Wednesday when I had a day off and was asked if I would mind cleaning the upstairs mirpeset. It was nice and sunny out so I put on a bathing suit (and plenty of sunscreen) and got to work. It took some work but it looks much nicer out there and since I cleaned off the swing and chairs, we can sit outside during pesach (provided that the birds and bats refrain from defecating on it again...).

On Thursday night my luck took a turn for the worst as I was roped into cleaning out the ovens after dinner. My mom gave me super cool gloves to wear that made me feel like an evil scientist, so it wasn't all bad.
In retaliation for making me do work I have not yet cleaned my room for the pascal holiday (though this is mainly due to my extreme laziness and aversion to cleaning).

Yesterday morning I arrived at work to find what appeared to be a very large matzah in front of the store. Upon closer investigation I discovered a sign claiming that it was in fact the "worlds largest matzah".
On the way out of work I stopped to take a picture and noticed that someone had decided to grab some matzah as a snack or souvenir of sorts.
I wonder how long it will survive in this in this city with its ostensibly ravenous inhabitants. 

No comments:

Post a Comment