Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Mad Man Builds A Bed (And I Pretend To Help)

On Saturday night my parents took me to IKEA to pick up a bed for my apartment. We checked out all of the frames and tried every single mattress that they had on display. After much debating and a little help from the nice salesperson, I settled on the TRYSIL bed frame and a mattress that I can't actually remember the name of.

The Mad Man and The Crazy Lady drove me all the way out to Ariel on Sunday and spent a good couple of hours hanging out at my place. I fed them soup and cookies from the freezer (because I'm a good hostess) while The Mad Man put together the bed.


I was super helpful and took pictures.


The Crazy Lady told me to stop being lazy and help put my bed together.

Look how helpful I'm being!

Getting the slats on was decidedly the most infuriating part of the whole ordeal but The Mad Man figured it out.

Time for the mattress! Doesn't look like much all rolled up and vacuum packed but just you wait...

Still kinda lame looking..

 Getting there...

TADA! The long awaited finished product.


Unfortunately the directions clearly stated that the mattress should not be used for at least 72 hours so that it could reshape after being vacuum packed for who knows how long.

After 72 very long hours, I finally got to sleep in my new bed. Getting the sheet on was a little tricky and I was almost crushed to death by the massive mattress. The near death experience was worth it though because the bed is super comfy!

A huge THANK YOU to all those who made this possible, it is greatly appreciated!!!

Hope you're all having a fantastic chanukka! I know I am. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment