Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Possessed Printer

Today was a strange day. It started off normal enough, woke up, got out of bed and started to get ready to face the day.  I was making myself a much needed cup of coffee when I heard the sound of my printer coming to life.

Last night I had spent an hour trying to figure out how to make my fancy laser printer (courtesy of The Mad Man) print things for me, but had little success.  After countless failed attempts, I called my dad for help. The Mad Man listened patiently as I panicked and pouted my way through the problem and then happily guided me through the proper steps. In a matter of minutes the printer was up and running and I printed out the required papers before heading to bed.

Still half asleep I carried my cup of coffee over to the bedroom door to to stare at my printer in confusion. The printer whirred cheerily (between you and me, it was far to cheery) as it printed out a number of papers. I cautiously approached the machine to see what it had deemed important enough to bless me with, a paper stating that there had been some sort of error.

The printer seemed to have gone back to sleep so I shrugged and went back to getting ready for school. Twenty minutes later I heard the familiar whir of the printer, this time it was statistics papers that I had been desperately trying to print the night before. I guess I hit the print button a few too many times last night, because for the remainder of the morning my printer sporadically spewed forth a plethora of unwanted statistics pages.

Armed with a multitude of statistics papers, I left my apartment and made my way to the university. Things at the university weren't much better. We had group projects to present which took up most of the morning, then the next lecturer forgot her slideshow and intro to psychology was intro to psychology...

During chemistry a guy came in with some table legs and leaned them against  the wall of the classroom. A few minutes later he returned with a table top and proceeded to begin assembling the table. The teacher did her best to ignore it but after a few minutes gave in and asked the guy what he was doing. He responded that there was some event that he had to set up for and he had to set the tables up NOW.  There were talks of snacks and the teacher agreed to let him continue his job in return for some of the aforementioned snacks.

The random dude went about his business, carrying table parts in and narrowly missing hitting the teachers head with a table top. When the tables were put together he disappeared for a few minutes but reappeared brandishing a roll of al-bad to cover the tables with. The tables were covered and the guy left and did not return. Much to my teachers dismay, the snacks never appeared.

After a long and decidedly strange day, I think its time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment