Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Banana Incident

My lack of posting may have given the illusion that I've been extremely busy as of late. In an effort to keep that illusion alive, I will refrain from mentioning how much TV I've watched in the last few weeks....

Things have actually been picking up at work since the daily sirens stopped and people are starting to venture outside again. Life is slowly starting to get back to some semblance of "normal". Everyone is still on edge and anything sounding even remotely similar to the code red siren makes your heart stop for just a second. It's surprising how many things can sound like the start of the siren and how many songs have sirens playing in the background.

The most memorable thing that happened to me last week was what my family is now referring to as the "banana incident", I unwittingly ate some banana ice cream and almost died.

OK so I definitely did NOT almost die but when you hate bananas as much as I do, accidentally eating something banana flavored comes in at a close second. Never in my life have I felt so betrayed by something that I once held so dear. Why would anyone ruin the perfect deliciousness that ice cream is by adding bananas to it?! Why do people even like bananas? Bananas are gross and smelly and they have weird fake seeds.

Aside from the banana debacle the rest of the week was pretty quiet. On Friday I had a nice relaxing morning at the beach with my friend Sea and shabbos was pretty quiet. Timmy and I walked over to the Nemdy's for a  delicious lunch and a lovely afternoon. We ate, drank, blew bubbles, ran around in circles and then ate some more.

This week is going to be interesting. The new collection has already started to arrive, the first half came this morning while the second half is scheduled to arrive bright and early Wednesday morning. With one of the managers out of the country and a couple of workers out for assorted reasons, we're a little bit understaffed. Some of my coworkers were less than enthusiastic about working extra hours and being the good friend that I am, I graciously offered to take those extra hours off of their hands.

Tomorrow will be an exhilarating ten hours of organizing the machsan.
Woohoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment