Tuesday, January 7, 2014

The Furby Returns

A couple of days ago I wrote a post about my experience owning a furby. At the end of my post I explained how I heroically defeated my worst enemy by locking it in a kitchen cabinet never to be seen again, or so I thought....

About a year after my family had moved to a different country, my mother returned to our old house to clean it up before showing it to potential buyers. The furby lay forgotten in the empty house, lurking in the shadows waiting for the day that it would rise again.

My unsuspecting mother made her way through the house diligently checking cupboards for forgotten artifacts. She came upon the furbies prison and opened the door, unwittingly waking the furby from its slumber. Blinded by the flood of light, the furby took a few seconds to collect its thoughts while wildly blinking its gaint eyes. My mother looked on in horror. Slowly, it began to move itself back and forth as it started to chant "doo doo doo. doo doo Doo. DOO DOO DOO!" its call became increasingly louder with every passing second. My mother let out a shriek and slammed the door, shocked that even after all these years the batteries had not worn out.

The furby had been awoken and was thrilled to have a subject to torture, it sat in the cabinet and continued its dance with fervor. My mother tried everything she could think of to placate the demonic creature but like those before her, she failed.

And so my furby sat there as my mother did her very best to ignore it and when she was done packing up the house, she returned the furby to its wooden cage to be found by the next unsuspecting victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment