Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Hot Sauce Incident

I know it's been a while since I've posted but there really hasn't been much to post about. My test is in a couple of weeks and I've mostly been hiding in my room alternating between studying and well, not studying.

The most blog-worthy thing that I can think of posting, would probably have to be my brief love affair with a bottle of tabasco sauce that I found in the pantry. 

In my last post I mentioned that we had burritos for dinner. The chili meat is supposed to be spicy but since I don't usually handle spicy things very well, I usually try and add loads of seasonings to compensate for the lack of spiciness. My family members learned long ago that "you don't bite the hand that feeds you" and started to add hot sauce to their own plates if desired. 

Last week I decided to be adventurous and added a bunch of tabasco sauce to the meat which ended up tasting quite delicious. The next day I was making minestrone soup and decided to add some tabasco sauce for good luck. Everyone complimented me on the soup and I was surprised to realize that I actually seemed to be enjoying mildly spicy things.

Later that afternoon I went downstairs to heat up some soup for lunch and realized that no one else was home. As I ate my soup I began to wonder just how much my taste buds had changed over the years. Was it possible that I actually liked spicy things?

I was tired of studying and apparently in the mood to do something stupid. With no one home to save me from my own idiocy, I decided that the best way to test my theory would be to eat some plain tabasco sauce. I got out the bottle of sauce, shook a couple of drops onto a spoon and then shoved the whole thing into my mouth.

It didn't take long for me to realize that I had made a horrible mistake.
There wasn't really anything that I could do to stop it so I just sat myself down and waited for the fire to stop burning inside of me. Eventually the raging fire dulled to a mild burning sensation and I was able to get up and hide all of the evidence before retreating to my tower.

It might not have been my best idea but sadly, it was not my worse. I seem to have an uncanny ability for coming up truly idiotic plans that somehow always manage to seem like a good idea at the time....

No comments:

Post a Comment