Friday, June 28, 2013

Cupcakes?

Since it's my sisters birthday weekend I thought it would be fun to make her some super special cupcakes. After much thought and consideration I decided to try and make mojito cupcakes. Someone sent me the recipe a couple of months ago but I was waiting for a special occasion, and what says happy birthday more than booze filled cupcakes?

(link to the recipe that I used- http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/06/07/mojito-cupcakes-recipe/)
I haven't tasted any of them yet so I'm not entirely sure how successful they were but they smelled delicious while they were baking. The frosting (which I may have ingested large quantities of) is pretty delicious so I have pretty high hopes.

The recipe only made a dozen cupcakes, after a brief council we decided to make an additional recipe of vanilla cupcakes just to be certain that there are enough to go around. Lori gave me a recipe to use and said that it only makes a few big cupcakes so I decided to make a bunch of tiny cupcakes instead. I don't know what size cupcakes she made but after I filled up two trays of tiny cupcakes I still had a lot of batter left. We rummaged through the cabinet to found the tiny donut pans and then proceeded to dump the remaining batter into them. The cupcakes and donuts came out super fluffy and tasty.

Then Sarah Leah came and wanted a cupcake, but there weren't enough. So she was sad. :(
-Written by Sarah Leah #guestpost 

As you can probably tell I don't really have anything to write about and I think I've pretty much exhausted the subject of cupcakes.  
Bye!! Have a great Weekend!  

1 comment:

  1. For the record - I made a loaf of white cake. :)

    Also the birthday desserts were deeeelicious!

    ReplyDelete