Sunday, June 23, 2013

Hello World.

Once upon a time I had a blog. It was a good blog, it took me through my awkward teenage years. But then i got older, life got in the way and we grew apart.
I'm currently taking a course for the most annoying test known to man (ok that might be a bit of an overstatement but it is a pretty annoying test..) the psycometri. It's sort of the israeli version of the SAT's but worse.
Incidentally the first section of the test is writing an essay, which I am not very good at. Last night I was tossing and turning when the strangest idea occurred to me. "I should start another blog" (I say another because I have started many in the past, each time with the full intent to actually post things but then other things would come up and it would fall by the wayside alone and forgotten). My thought process was that if I  started blogging again it might improve my writing skills and I'd have a shot at writing that damn essay.
So here goes something...

Procrastinator extraordinaire:
I haven't been outside of this city in the last two weeks. I hardly even leave my house, save for the occasional stroll with my loyal canine friend and going to class. Other than that I pretend to study. I've become quite proficient at it (the pretending part that is..), it's amazing how incredibly important the most mundane things seem when the alternative is studying. I often find myself wondering about things such as, how that window ledge managed to accumulate so much dust and that I really ought to do something about it.
The rational side of my brain tells me to "pull it together!" *mentally slap myself across the face* "just stop procrastinating and study for a bit, it won't take long and I'll feel so much more accomplished when I show up for class with my work done". But alas I am weak and easily overcome by temptations (not to say that I actually clean anything, that would require work and I'm awfully lazy), and so I wander off instead in search .of sustenance
As I sit on the kitchen floor indulging my inner fat child in mint chocolate chip ice cream I begin to think over past events. The guilt begins to set in and as I desperately attempt to ward it off with delicious confections the sicker I begin to feel (partially due to the obscene amounts of sugar that I hastily ingested). At last I reach my senses and put away the ice cream and other assorted things that I somehow thought it would be a good idea to eat. I walk up the stairs to my tower with a new sense of purpose fully intending to spend the next hour or so deep in my studies. I sit down at my desk and take a deep breath while gazing out the window. But then, I can't help but notice out of the corner of my eye that those plants look awfully thirsty. Someone really ought to do something about that….     

1 comment: