Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Adventures In Time Travel

The other week I fell asleep while I was trying to avoid studying for my test. I don't normally nap during the day so when I woke up I was a bit disoriented.

I had fallen asleep at around one in the afternoon (on January 23rd) when the sun was still shining, when I woke up it was considerably darker in my room. I looked at my watch to see what time it was and was surprised to discover that it was 6pm on January 22nd. I had somehow managed to achieve time travel. I frantically began to search for my phone so that I could spread the exciting news. I finally found my phone and was confused to see that my phone still seemed to be stuck a day ahead. Come to think of it, all of my clocks seemed to be stuck in the 23rd.....

Muddled and confused, I sat up to take toll of the situation. In my dazed and slightly sleep deprived state, my mind began to piece things together. I recalled that my watch happened to have two time zone settings and that I had set one of them to a day earlier in hopes of avoiding any confusion. I gingerly pressed the button on my watch and held my breath as it switched to the second time zone setting. Unsurprisingly, my watch now proudly displayed that it was 2:45pm in the afternoon on January 23rd.

I may not have achieved time traveling but I did finally take my psycometri exam on Monday. For those who are wondering how it went, it was OK. The grades should come out in about a month so I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

Now that I have no test to study for posting can resume as per usual. I say "can" because it can in fact happen but don't mistakenly think that it will. I may not have a test to study for but I'm still as lazy as ever. :)

The next few weeks are unplanned and unknown. There are many adventures waiting to be had but will most likely be filled with me attempting to make a career out of watching TV while my poor disgruntled father begs me to find a job. Maybe in a surprising turn of events I'll make some sort of attempt to learn how to drive. Who knows? The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment