Sunday, February 23, 2014

No Water, Some Problems.

Last week a notice went around the neighborhood notifying us that the water would be shut off from 9am-2pm. All of shabbos my family talked about it and speculated about why they were turning it off and what exactly they were "fixing" this time.

Last night my mother reminded me that the water was being shut and told me to fill up a water bottle so that I could wash my face and brush my teeth in the morning. Despite the fact that I was now undeniably aware of the fact that there would be no water in the morning, I decided not to heed her sagely advice and just "wing it".

Morning dawned and as per usual, I slept through a goodly amount of it. I finally managed to cajole myself out of bed and stumbled into my bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face where I was promptly reminded that the water had been shut off. I found some face wipes and mouthwash and then wandered downstairs to find some breakfast.

In the five minutes that it took me to get from my bathroom to the kitchen, I somehow manged to forget about the water situation. I decided to start my day off with a nice cup of tea so I found a mug and tried to wash it out. Unsurprisingly, the trickle of water that came out of the faucet was not enough to wash the mug out. The Crazy Lady directed me to some pitchers of water where I was able to somewhat rinse the soap out of my mug. I'm not entirely sure how much soap I ingested but I'm still alive so I guess it wasn't too much.

After my slightly unsatisfying breakfast, I ventured over to Lori's place to hang out and put together my resume. Putting together my resume is proving to be a tad more complicated that originally expected. Mainly due to the fact that I don't have much to put on it and there are only so many ways I can say that I'm inexperienced but a very hard worker.
Being responsible is significantly less exciting than being unemployed.

No comments:

Post a Comment