Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Time Flies When You're Procrastinating

Has it been so long already? I would say that the reason that I haven't posted is because I've been super busy but in reality I've just been really lazy.
When I last posted I was eagerly awaiting my manicure appointment, my mom and I picked Lori up at her apartment and headed over to the mall. We got to the nail place and after much deliberation we picked out our colors and then we were handed over to the manicurists. About an hour later we emerged from the nail place with shiny new nails and smiles on our faces. My mom drove Lori back to her apartment where I decided to get out and join Lori for a continuation of our Gilmore Girls marathon.

Thursday was so uneventful that I don't actually remember what happened so I'll just assume that a lot of TV was watched.

Friday afternoon was spent cooking and cleaning, dinner was delicious and I fell into a food coma shortly after its consumption.
Shabbos lunch was equally as tasty as dinner had been, after lunch The Dibble went to a friends house while the rest of us took advantage of the AC. Later in the day when it had cooled down outside I walked over to Lori's apartment in search of fudgesicles (which according to my sources Lori had made on friday afternoon). I knocked on the door and discovered that The Dibble had walked over after meeting up with his friends and that there were indeed fudgesicles to be eaten.
We sat around watching The Dibble play with Buzzy and eating fudgesicles until shabbos ended and it was time to go home.

On sunday my mom and I ran some errands which included dropping my hair off at the post office(don't worry, I put it in an envelope first) and raiding my grandparents lime tree for the next batch of limes.
Look at me, I'm a lime tree!
So many limes!!
On Monday morning I woke up and decided that I would stay in bed all day watching Parks&Rec but then I got out of bed and looked around my room, it sort of looked like it had been through a hurricane of sorts and it smelled a little funny. I considered cleaning my room but quickly dismissed the thought when I realized that it would involve work and would interfere with my original plan of being lazy.
I found some relatively clean smelling clothing to put on and threw some of the less clean smelling ones into the hamper, then I opened the window and sprayed some air freshener before standing back to survey my work. It wasn't perfect but it was better than nothing, so I shrugged my shoulders and climbed into bed to watch TV.
Later that day I went downstairs in search of food only to find a tent at the base of the stairs.

I poked at it a bit until I saw a face in the window and nearly had a heart attack.
The Dibble in his new tent.
It turns out that my brother had found a bunch of gift certificates that he got for his bar mitzvah while he was writing thank you notes and decided that he wanted to use them, so he went to the store and found a tent and a bunch of other cool stuff to buy.

Yesterday I went to the Freddies and hung out with the little munchkin all day, she was adorable (as always) and we had lots of fun! The Freddies had an engagement party to go to and they dropped me off at home on their way there.

This morning I decided that the time had come to clean my room so I put on some music and got started. An hour later things had more or less been returned to their proper places and the room looked nice and clean, I even had enough room on the floor to unroll my yoga mat so I did a quick workout and then jumped into the shower. While I was showering I discovered a new feature on my shower head when the head came off of the pole and hit me in the face. Upon closer inspection it was discovered that the "new feature" was more of a malfunction than a feature and I determined that it may be time to replace it.
After the shower incident, I went downstairs to find some lunch and now I'm sitting here writing this post. 
I've pretty much run out of things to say so I think it's time for me to go, hope to see you again soon! 
Bye! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment