Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Lettuce Spinner

Yesterday turned out to be more fun than I thought it would be, Lori&co picked me up and we all went over to my grandparents house for a little visit. We talked with them while Buzzy attempted to shove multiple toys in his mouth, he did not succeed in eating any of them which he seemed rather upset about. S&S had to head out to the supermarket to do some shopping for chag so we went back to Lori's and they headed out to do their shopping.
Lori happened to have 2 eggs already cracked in her fridge (due to an egg catastrophe involving my nephew, an egg carton and the edge of the counter), she ordered a double recipe of chocolate chip cookies and I was happy to oblige in exchange for an impromptu waxing appointment. I mixed up the cookie dough while she heated up the wax and then she did my armpits in between trays. It took a while but she did an expert job, I think we've reached a satisfactory agreement and I'll definitely be going back.
After my armpits we're more or less hair free and all the cookies were cooling on the table we began to deal with their fridge fiasco (you can read about it on her blog http://lorip.blogspot.co.il/) by putting a majority of the contents of her freezer into baskets and taking them over to my parents house for a temporary vacation.
Lori&co decided to stay for a while and we scavenged for food to eat for dinner, we finished off the shabbos leftovers and helped empty out the fridge all in one go.

This morning my father and I ran out to do some errands for my trip to Rhodes which I don't believe I've mentioned on here yet so ya, I'm going to Greece for 5 days with my friend Sea (it was sort of an impromptu trip that we found on groupon and decided to book last week). 
We leave on Sunday so it's been a little crazy running around making sure I have everything before I go. This morning I got some euros from the money changers and I ran into the doctors office to pick up some health insurance, it's always better to be safe than sorry!
The trip is more or less a "bring your own food" kinda trip on account of there not being much kosher food on the island, so I stocked up on all sorts of stuff at the supermarket. The food weighs about 10 pounds already so I'm pretty confident that I won't starve.

Erev chag is tomorrow so I suppose I should go help my mom with the cooking! 

No comments:

Post a Comment