Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rhodes Trip

Hey there! It's been a while since I last blogged so lets do a quick recap..
R"H was really nice, we had company for 2 of the meals and we went to Lori's for Friday night dinner.
I spent most of the holiday eating waaaay to much food and even more dessert, it was delicious and I have no only minor regrets. :P
On shabbos Lori and I walked over to my grandparents to wish my grandmother a happy birthday, we stayed and chatted for a bit before heading to Lori's place.
Shabbos ended and I raided Lori's apartment for thing to take with me to Rhodes, I acquired a suitcase, a travel bottle of toothpaste, some ice packs and a bunch of other things. When I was done raiding the apartment Z drove me home and I went upstairs to get packing.
I haven't gone on vacation in a while so I was a little uncertain of where to start, I figured that underwear is a pretty crucial part of my wardrobe so I meandered on over to my underwear drawer and pulled out my last clean pair. I briefly considered  going commando but then decided that doing laundry was probably a better idea so I dumped my clothes in the washer and went downstairs to make some granola bars. After the granola bars came out of the oven and the clothes were dry, I returned to my tower and attempted yet again to pack my suitcase. Everything went more or less according to plan and I managed to get a majority of the packing done before going to sleep.

This morning I woke up nice and early and hopped in the shower before putting the last few things in my suitcase. At 8 o'clock my friend Sea texted to say that she was on her way to my house for our 13:30 flight, I sighed a sigh of relief that everything was going according to plan and sat back to wait for her to get to my house. At 9 I got a text from Sea letting me know that she was getting off the bus just as I got a text from the airline saying that the flight had been delayed. We hung out at my house for a few hours before my father drove us to the airport for our flight.
Getting checked in didn't take long, we waved goodbye to my dad and headed to security.


We still had some time to kill so we wandered around Duty Free for a while and made a few purchases along the way before heading to our gate.
After waiting at the gate for a while we were finally allowed to board the plane and we hurried on to find our seats, we were sitting across from each other but noticed some empty seats further up and asked a stewardess if we could possibly be seated together. The stewardess checked things out and then moved us to the emergency row, we got to sit next to each other and got extra leg room as a bonus!
The flight was short and we were landing before we knew it, a bus was waiting by the plane and it took us straight to the airport entrance.
We made it through customs and then set out to find our luggage, it took over an hour and a lot of pushing and shoving but we did it! We left the airport (luggage in tow) and found the bus that took us straight to the hotel.
The hotel is really nice but they didn't have a regular room available for us so we were upgraded to a double room with a sea view. The room is huge, a double bed, 2 couches, a porch and of course the sea view (it's dark out now so I can't actually see the sea but I can hear it!). I ate some dinner while Sea hopped in the shower and then we headed down to the lobby to find some Wifi. I'm all tuckered out from the hectic day but it was well worth it!! We're gonna head to bed soon and explore the island tomorrow, can't wait to tell you all about it! :)

1 comment:

  1. It sound's like your trip is off to a great start! I hope it continues that way and you have lots of nice pictures to show us when you get back!

    ReplyDelete