Friday, September 13, 2013

Teeny Tiny Plane

The bus to the airport was scheduled to leave at 11:20am Thursday morning. Sea and I woke up early to take advantage of the few hours that we had left on the island. After a quick breakfast we donned our bathing suits for the last time and headed to the beach.

The beach was mostly empty and very relaxing, we stayed for about an hour and then headed back to the hotel to shower and pack up the last of our things.
At 11 we went down to the lobby to check out and wait for the bus to arrive, the bus came shortly thereafter and we all piled on.
We got to the airport and waited on line to check in, it took a long time but we made it through and headed upstairs to security. Security went pretty quickly, they confiscated my water bottle and gave me a pat down (lucky me) and then sent us on our way. The whole ordeal had taken a little over an hour and all that was left to do was wait for the plane to show up.
We wandered around duty free where we bumped into our friends from the day before, we sat and chatted with them while we waited for the plane to arrive.
The plane showed up on time (woohoo) and we gathered our things before climbing up the steps and into the little plane.


The flight was short and we landed in Israel right on schedule. Passport control was a breeze and we managed to find our suitcases pretty quickly, my father was pulling up to the entrance just as we were walking out of the airport. We jumped in the car and headed back to Bet Shemesh where we dropped Sea off at the bus stop to Jerusalem before heading home.
My mom made me a delicious dinner, it was the first real meal that I had eaten in a while and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Yom Kippur is in a few hours and everyone is running around trying to get ready for it.
The food for the seuda smells delicious and I cant wait to eat it!
I hope that you all have a gmar chatima tova and an easy and meaningful fast!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment