Sunday, December 1, 2013

Catching Fire

I spent most of my day in Jerusalem hanging out with my friend Sea. We walked to the central bus station as it was getting dark outside and I somehow managed to snag a seat on the bus (woo).

Lori unlocked the door for me while singing her rendition of the miami boys choir "light up the nights",  "Light up the night, backyard burning bright, on the festival of lights, here on hanukah!!". The lyrics seemed a little off, but I hadn't heard the song in a while so I shrugged and went to find my candles.

I lit my trusty dusty chanukia and noted that the room smelled faintly of smoke.  I later discovered that my neighbors had set fire to their weeds and piles of discarded furniture "garden" earlier this afternoon (perhaps in an attempt to get into the holiday spirit?). 
Lori's rendition "light up the nights" suddenly made a lot more sense....
We had a delicious stir fry for dinner, courtesy of The Crazy Lady and Lorbles. A question about where the chicken had come from sparked a lively debate over the pros and cons of cannibalism. I'm not sure what the general consensus was but I wasn't overly enthusiastic at the thought of being served up with a side of mashed potatoes.....

Hope you're all enjoying chanukah! Remember, you don't have to set your backyard on fire to get into the holiday spirit. Just clog your arteries with deep fried food instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment