Tuesday, July 29, 2014

YooHoo, Big Summer Blowout!

Today was the last day of IKEA's big summer sale. Since I didn't have work and couldn't make money I figured I'd do the next best thing, spend money!

The Parentals and I hopped into the car and met Freddie and The Little Munchkin at IKEA for an exciting day of shopping. I got some essentials like a table, wine glasses and some dishtowels (you know, just in case I spill on the fancy new table). After a couple of hours of wandering around we realized that we were starving. Luckily, IKEA just happens to have a fine dining establishment where we had a delightful late lunch.

Earlier today I downloaded a new app on my phone to alert me about incoming rockets since the one that I had downloaded a few weeks ago wasn't really doing much for me (besides draining my battery). I hadn't "tried out" the new app yet and wasn't sure how accurate it was so when it started going off after dinner we weren't sure how to react.

The Crazy Lady was heading up to the top floor to move laundry when she heard the app on my phone go off. It sounds exactly like the actual red alert siren so she thought it was coming from outside and started to panic. I told everyone that it was just my phone and was about to delete the app for being so inaccurate when the real siren started going off outside.

After confirming that I had shut the app on my phone and that there actually was a potential rocket heading for us, we headed down to our bomb shelter. We heard a couple of explosions and waited a few minutes before dispersing.

I'm glad to know that the new app works and I feel a little safer sleeping in my tower, I doubt I'll be able to sleep through the siren on my phone and the one outside my window...

No comments:

Post a Comment