Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Smuggling Tools

The Little Munchkin has been sick for the past few days. Despite the fact that she was sick she seemed to have more than enough energy to run around like a lunatic.
Sunday evening The Mad Man (my dad) and Frank drove over to the Freddie's with my old bed. The Mad Man, Frank and Mr. Freddie schlepped the bed upstairs and put together in The Munchkins room. After the hard labor we celebrated with soup and other snacks before sending The Mad Man and Frank on their merry way.

Monday morning Freddie, The Munchkin and I hung out together. We went grocery shopping, did some cleaning and made a BIG (delicious) lunch. The morning seemed to fly by and before we knew it, it was two in the afternoon. Freddie got ready for work while The Little Munchkin and I got ready for the park. We said goodbye to Freddie as she headed towards the hospital and then continued going straight towards the park. It was a little hot out but The Little Munchkin didn't mind, she ran up the steps and slid down all the slides. After half an hour or so of fun she started getting tired so we headed back to the apartment and tried to take a nap. 
The Little Munchkin vehemently opposed to the whole napping idea and instead spent an hour singing and playing in her crib until at last I came to rescue her. Excited about being free she ran around in circles before asking me to put Curious George on for her. We got some snacks and then settled in to watch Curious George monkey around (they put up some new episodes since last time I watched her so I had plenty of episodes to catch up on). 
Mr. Freddie came home from work and dropped me off at the train station. The Mad Man had forgotten his tools the night before and the security guard seemed slightly puzzled by the fact that I appeared to be carrying a hammer, screwdriver and wrench with me. He gave me a funny look and I told him that I liked to be prepared for any/all situations. He nodded and handed me my bag. 
The first train was pretty empty and I had a four seater all to myself. I amused myself by watching the people outside the window, I noticed a guy running for the train and began to chant "run forest run" under my breath. The guy made the train and sat down opposite me, I looked up and noticed that his shirt said "run forest run".
I laughed, the guy looked confused.

The next train was a little more crowded but I managed to snag a seat anyways. The Mad Man picked me up from the train station (I think he felt bad about making me carry the tools home).
I was pretty tuckered out but my new bed still hadn't come, the delivery guy called and said he would come at ten. 
At 10:40 the delivery guy pulled up and started to unload the bed. It was schlepped up to my tower and took all of 10 minutes to assemble (no screws needed). I was a little worried that it wouldn't fit into the space where the other bed had been but it fits perfectly. 
The bed is much lower than my other bed so everything is at a funny angle and the mattress is much thicker and bouncier. It took a little getting used to but I got a good nights sleep so I think it will work out just fine.

Today we elect a new mayor for our city, it's my first time voting for mayor so I'm pretty excited. 
Other than that there are grocery stores to raid and errands to run. It's gonna be a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment