Sunday, October 27, 2013

Operation Save The Fishies

Shabbos was fun. Friday night dinner was delicious, my mom made pastel (meat pie) which we haven't had in ages! We opened a bottle of my favorite wine and sat around eating and talking until The Little Munchkin got tired and the Freddie's headed to bed.

Lori&co came for lunch along with a friend that what staying by them. Good times were had by all and I ate way too much food.
We had some visitors and played a game of settlers while the little munchkins napped.
When everyone was awake we went to the big park on the hill to have some fun. We went down slides, climbed up ladders, hung out on the swings, ate some snacks and ran around in circles until we got tired.
Lori&co waved goodbye and headed back to the other side of town while the Freddie's and I made our way back to the sun house.
We found some more snacks and then played a game of phase 10 until shabbos ended.
After havdala the Freddie's headed home and we ate some leftover chicken soup with rice for dinner.

This morning I went to the doctor and got the flu shot so now I'm prepared to face the winter. Bring on the cold weather and torrential downpours!Wooo!

On a sad note, the pump in our pond stopped working a while ago and the effect has begun to take its toll on the poor fishies residing in the pond. As of this morning the death count was up to two fishies leaving only three survivors behind. At around 3:30pm I noticed that the pump had claimed another life but when my mother went to find it, it had disappeared. We found it under one of the plants and realized that it was "not quite dead yet". The situation was becoming unbearable and we realized that we had to act fast if we were to rescue the survivors.
We fished them out of the murky waters and dropped them into a glass salad bowl.
Save the fishies!!!
The Crazy Lady found an empty rubbermaid container which we hauled down to the basement bathroom to fill with water for the poor souls.
Despite my fathers request that we turn the fish into dinner we dropped them into their new rubbermaid home and waited to see what would happen.
As of half an hour ago they are doing much better, The Crazy Lady reports that all three fish are swimming around and that they seem happy in their new home.

Just in case you were wondering, the fish do not have names! There are two big fish (one with a long tail and one with a short tail) as well as a baby fish that mysteriously appeared in the pond earlier this year.
We have had them (except for the baby) for around 8-9 years and I have no idea why my father is so keen on turning them into breakfast, lunch or dinner.
I can't say that I know them well as I don't spend much time in the backyard, but they seem like pretty decent fish to me.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry folks but it doesn't look good :(
    We are currently down to only one big fish and the baby.
    Hopefully they will both still be alive in the morning.

    ReplyDelete