Friday, November 15, 2013

Extra Credit

This morning started out like any other, I woke up, got dressed and went downstairs to make some breakfast. I was standing in the kitchen making hash browns when The Mad Man walked in and said "oh yes, I remember what we did last night. We tried sticking balloons onto the cat!".
I was the only other person around and he didn't appear to be addressing me with his statement. I stood by the stove, spatula in hand, with a bewildered expression on my face. I watched as he found his cup of coffee and wandered down the stairs as if nothing out of the ordinary had happened. 
I stood there watching the stairs, wondering if he would come back up to elaborate. He didn't. 
The potatoes started to burn and I turned my attention back to making my breakfast. 
A while later The Crazy Lady came down, I asked her if she knew why my father had spent the night "sticking balloons onto the cat". 
She laughed and told me that The Dibbles science teacher had offered to give him extra credit if he brought in a picture of a balloon stuck to a cat using static electricity. The cats had been less than pleased with the assignment and were extremely unwilling to cooperate.
After multiple attempts, it was determined that they would have better luck using a dead cat. Fortunately, we didn't have any on hand so they were forced to admit defeat. 

My breakfast was delicious, despite the slightly burnt potatoes. The rest of my day has been pretty normal, lots of cooking (and tasting) and other pre-shabbos stuff.
Have a great shabbos!

No comments:

Post a Comment