Friday, November 8, 2013

Instructions Are For Squares

The Mad Man and I headed to Ikea on Wednesday afternoon to pick out a new desk chair for me. I found a super comfy (and expensive) armchair and desperately tried to convince him that I needed it. He politely reminded me that I would be paying for my own chair and after lamenting over the status of my bank account, I decided to look for something a little more budget friendly.
After many deliberations I settled on the Malkolm chair, it seems sturdy and has a nice back support. We passed by some teddy bears having some sort of party on our way to pick up the chair.
Back at home I decided to try and put the chair together by myself. My initial reaction closely resembled the illustration of the guy in the instruction manual.
It appeared that some of the pieces were missing and the back of the chair seemed oddly heavy. After much perseverance and determination (and a little help from the instructions) I discovered that the "missing" pieces were stored in the back of the chair. The rest of the process went smoothly and the chair was put together in no time.
Yesterday I spent most of the day in Jerusalem with my friend Sea. We had a picnic in the park and wandered around town until it was time for me to head home. When I got back to the sun house my parents were heading out to run an errand. I jumped into the car and asked them to drop me off at Lori's house for dinner. 
Lori made some delicious indian style chicken and I ate lots of granola for desert. Buzz ran around like a lunatic and we watched some TV before Z dropped me off at home.

Today is Friday, again. I'm not quite sure how that happened or where the week went...
Time sure does fly by.  

No comments:

Post a Comment