Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"Toss The Body Into The River"

Shabbos starts pretty early nowadays. After a delicious dinner we decided to play some games until it was time for bed. The Mad Man fell asleep on the couch with a newspaper on his face so The Crazy Lady, Frank, The Dibble and I had fun without him. 
We started off with a couple of rounds of bananagrams and then had a cut throat game of settlers. It's hard to say who won bananagrams as there were many disputes over which rules are the "real" rules. We would have read the original instructions to solve the problem but they were slightly unintelligible after years of abuse.  
By the time we were done settling the land of catan we were all pretty tired. Frank was crowned as the victor of settlers and then we headed to bed.

After lunch I walked over to Lori's to see what was going on over there. They had a guest over and we all sat around and ate deserts until shabbos came to an end.
After havdala Lori waxed my armpits in the living room while Buzz stared on in horror. We scavenged in the fridge for leftovers and then Lori drove me home after we dropped Sarah Leah off at what we hoped was the right bus stop.

Sunday was very quiet, I studied a bunch and did some laundry. I also tried to make some granola but had trouble remembering the exact quantities that I normally add. Going to get the recipe off my computer seemed like the best idea but in my infinite wisdom, I decided to "wing it". I added varied amounts of most of the ingredients while (accidentally) omitting others. It was a feisty batch that seemed determined to defeat me, but I showed it who's boss when I flung part of the contents of the tray onto the bottom of the oven. 
Surprisingly, the granola tastes pretty good and is strangely addictive....

Monday was dark and gloomy. I studied for a bit and then got sucked into the xbox void for a good couple of hours. Z had class so I went to hang out with Lori and Buzz. We sailed the seven seas and played with photo booth while we waited for dinner to cook.
Dinner was delicious and I made some cookies for desert. It was bedtime for the Buzzinator so we got him in his jammies and tried to convince him to brush his teeth. 
After he fell asleep it was time for some Gilmore Girls. We watched two episodes and then Z drove me home.
 
Today was a very lazy day. Lori and Buzzy came to hang out while Z ran some errands in Jerusalem. I ended up spending most of my day playing Assassins Creed II. The game is weirdly addicting and although I knew I should stop playing and go study, I couldn't tear myself away. Frank and The Dibble came home from school and were surprised to see how far I had gotten. I was stuck on a tricky part and my darling brothers had many words of wisdom to share with me. I eventually got tired of hearing them chide my every move and surrendered the controller into their waiting hands. Everyone took turns leaping through the air and dangling off of the chandeliers until Frank managed to get to the top. 
My hands began to get cramped from holding onto the controller and my eyes hurt from staring at the screen. I decided to call it quits and handed the controller over to The Dibble so that he could play some Halo.
After dinner we took a girls trip up to the rama and got some new books to read.



I'm not sure what the plan is for tomorrow but I'm hoping that I'll resist the urge to assassinate more people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment